Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Review Meme

(Copied from Lorin as usual)
 
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
The only thing I can think of right now, is doing a hangout on google+. Which seems silly, but better than the other thing that popped up which was not washing living room walls for Christmas...I should definitely have 'An adventure' as new years resolution

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I am still smoking. Sort of. Working on quitting. Again

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes I have 2 new grand nieces and 1 new grand nephew ^__^

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes

5. What countries did you visit?
Denmark

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More money. Less pain


7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Can't remember the actual day, but it was at the end of February when Runar had the car crash

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not drowning in pain and depression

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not quitting smoking


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
...I've gotten new bumps on some joints?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The new Winter coat - fur is fake and you can take it off and I love it!
 
12. How much time did you spend outdoors?
A lot, but not as much as I'd have liked

13. What books did you read?
A lot more than 20, which somehow didn't register at goodread, because goodreads is stupid, so there!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Loan/mortgage and bills as usual

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got an official arthritis diagnosis and meds

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
We Are Young

Compared to this time last year, are you:

17. Thinner or fatter?
The same, perhaps a bit thinner

18. Richer or poorer?
Richer, but not much

19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Outdoor stuff

20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying and aching

21. How did you spend Christmas?
Pretty much as usual. It was nice

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
*snorts*

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Wild Britain with Ray Mears. I know. I'm such a nerd, but I can't help it, I love this boyscout geek in all his horrifying glory. Runar says if he ever asks, I'll elope with him, he might just be right...

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I lack the energy to actually hate someone, but the dislike list is the same ole

26. What was the best book you read?
So far it's a tie between Red Country by Joe Abercrombie and Cold Days by Jim Butcher

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Amanda Fucking Palmer

28. What did you want and get?
A vacation and an official diagnosis of the arthritis

29. What did you want and not get?
Rich

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Avengers. OMG Hulk and his badassery ZOOMGH

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing bad happened this year. I think we celebrated with cakes. 43

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money and better health

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Lacking

34. What kept you sane?
Runar, kids, Georg

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
More than I care to remember, the most embarrassing one being Gerard Butler - I think it's the accent more than anything else...

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I try not to get too involved, because I get depressed by the current state all over the world these days

37. Who did you miss?
I think I missed mom in Ohio more this year than I have in many years. I will visit her, but I still lack enough money to do so =(

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Dunno, Helene's new guy, perhaps, as he seems to have made Helene happy and more at peace with everything

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
If you push yourself with arthritis nasty growth-bumps happen to your joints

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And it's funny how I imagined That I could win this win-less fight Maybe it isn't all that funny That I've been fighting all my life But maybe I have to think it's funny If I want to live before I die And maybe it's funniest of all To think I'll die before I actually See That I am exactly the person that I want to be.
Fuck yes.
I am exactly the person that I want to be.


3 comments:

  1. Vеry eneгgetiс blog, I liked that a lot.

    Will thегe be а pагt 2? Visit www.tinnitus411.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nearly impossible to find well-informed people in this particular subject, but you sound like you know what you'rе talkіng abοut!
    Тhаnkѕ read now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thеre, I thіnκ уour site might be hаving browѕeг compatibіlitу
    issues. When Ι look at your ωebsіtе in Ie, it
    lоoks fіne but when opening in Internet Exploгer, it hаѕ
    some οѵerlapρing. I just wanted to gіve you a quick heads up!
    Other thеn that, supеrb blog! helpful resources

    ReplyDelete